Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Jesus Got You

I love Jesus and I believe the gospel.  I have always prayed and believed in God.  I didn't always believe in the Bible, well parts of it.  I was a 'cafeteria believer', I picked and chose what I thought was true. I didn't know much of the Bible, about praying, or what it meant to be saved.  In my mind I wasn't Christian, I was Catholic.  And that was about it.

Going to Church when I was younger, I didn't really get it.  I went to a Catholic school looked up scripture, but still didn't get it.  Not the fault of anyone or organization really.  I didn't really get it and I didn't go look for answers or ask any questions and that was fine by me.  I believed in God and he loved us.  That is far as it went for me.  As I got older I would still pray, but I never looked in my Bible, seek out a Church or have any 'Christian Friends.' What would they look like?

As years went on, I became more curious. I bought a Bible, started reading it.  Looked up information on the internet and eventually started going to Church.  It was then I started to understand that it is not about religion but a relationship with God.  I also started to understand the importance and the value, the comfort of belonging to a Church family. 

Where am I on my journey with my relationship with God?  
I'm still on flat ground, haven't made it to the stairs yet. 


Sunday I went to a Church in the valley.  My second time to the same Church. My mil came with me and the kids for support.  It is a hard step to venture out, put yourself out there, knowing no one, wanting to be befriended and wanted and welcomed.  But that is the thing with Church you are always welcomed.

Just before communion.  The pastor talked about letting go, if we are harvesting something, let it go.  As I was praying, talking to God, my attention turned toward a dad sitting in the row ahead of me.  He had his newborn son, pulled up close to his face, cuddling him and the dad kept saying "I got you.  I got you. I got you".  This new dad was comforting his son, loving his son and reassuring him that he would take care of him always, be there for him always. It was like seeing how God loves us,  and how he will take care of us and be there for us always. I started crying, it was such a profound moment for me.  I understood it, I felt it. 

Jesus got you


2 comments:

  1. Miranda,

    I recently wrote something that might bless you. I have been trying to know Jesus through his Word this year and had one of those "aha" moments recently. I am realizing more and more that he really does love us. He accepts us and welcomes us. You may have already read it, I noticed that you started following me on twitter. But if you haven't, may I be so bold as to invite you over to my blog for a few minutes?

    http://www.quenchourthirst.com/2013/07/this-is-not-church.html#.UgpSHGTEr2E

    It is very nice to "meet" you! You are brave to venture to church, I know how intimidating that feels, being the new people. I will say a prayer for you and your family.

    With Love,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee,

    Thank you for taking the time to read my post and posting a reply.

    I will definitely check out your post. Last week I went by myself with the kids. It was good.

    Thanks for the pray,
    Miranda :)

    ReplyDelete